I had been looking forward to September 13th ever since I found out that world famous violinist
Itzhak Perlman would be playing at the DSO's annual gala.
I wasn't sure how much fun I would have considering I am 5 months pregnant and I knew the Mr. would not be able to go with me. I was sooooo glad I ended up going because unlike the past two years I attended, this year was more special for several reasons...
1. My babies got to listen to one of the best violinists in the world, from the womb
2. This month marked the 25th anniversary of the Meyerson Symphony Center which is a very special place to me considering I played countless concerts there in my youth, I got to play a solo my senior year of high school on that stage, I worked there as an usher in high school, my students now get to perform on that stage, and it is one of the original Dallas Arts district buildings!
3. My sister, who had never been to the symphony before got to come with me
4. I got to see my old viola teachers and tell them the news about my babies
5. Before the symphony played their first piece, they played the Star Spangled Banner and the audience in the hall sang along, it gave me chills it was so cool.
But enough of the talking, here are the photos I took starting with the master himself
Itzhak Perlman and Maestro Jaap Van Sweden
The entire DSO, crazy because there are so many members!
The dinner part of the gala set-up, stunning!
After Party deserts, from The Original Cupcakery
More sweets and gorgeous table-scapes
Me and the bump
Michelle, Tiffany, and I
Me, Tiffany, and Kirsten
My loubies were killing me by the end of the night, so foot massages compliments of the Ritz was just what the doctor ordered
It is tradition in the Mexican culture to take flowers from a party, so I did.
I dont think anyone minded since there were thousands everywhere!
Amazing night with amazing music.
So glad I got to experience it!
Thanks for stopping by,